Home      About Me      Quotes      Sewing      Craft Diys

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Quilt for you? Yes I will!

I have been loving my sewing machine! I wonder how I could have ever considered myself a crafter before I owned one.

I recently took a class at a local quilt shop here in Panama City! It was so much fun! Here is me with my prized first quilt!



To learn how to quilt properly, I took a class at a local quilting shop. It was so much fun!
This quilt is made with 6 log cabin blocks, 4 friendship star blocks, 3 Ohio star blocks, and setting triangles!

It was a lot of work, but I think I have found my true crafting love... QUILTING!

There are so many patterns and fabrics out there that you can really be creative and express who you are with quilts.

If you are looking into getting started, I highly recommend the book Quilt With Confidence, By Nancy . It was required for the class I took, and I was able to follow along with it very easily!

Thanks to Pinterest I have also fallen in love with these quilting/sewing blogs:

www.diaryofaquilter.com
www.sewcaroline.com
(more to come)

I'm already working on my next quilt. It is a houndstooth with an accent block, in my favorite colors! The free tutorial pattern is here!

http://findingsweetland.blogspot.com/2012/02/houndstooth-quilt-tutorial.html

Now I am looking for some more ideas! Throw them my way! Have you made any quilts? or seen any patterns you would like to see me make? I would love to see them!

I want to make more more MORE!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment